8 Reasons to Slipcover Your Furniture.
Custom slipcovers can change the look of a room almost instantly and extend the life of your furniture. Slipcovers can fit-like-a-glove or loose and casual, depending on your style.
- You still love the piece
- It fits the room perfectly
- It's comfortable
- Your piece still has good bones
- Then cushions are still comfortable, and they are not compressing
- It cost less than a new piece
- You want to change out the look by having 2 slipcovers
- you want the option to wash them
Tips in selecting fabric for a slipcover
- Medium weight works best. There are many seams that join together, so sturdy medium weight is best
- Textured or printed fabric. Wrinkles will be less noticeable.
- Tightly woven, printed or dark colored fabric will not reveal the upholstery underneath
- Cotton is the best choice for a washable slipcover
How much fabric?
- Sofa 17-22 yds
- Loveseat 16-20 yds
- Arm chair 8-10 yds
- Wingback chair 9-11 yds
- Ottoman 2-4 yds
The yardages vary depending on how many cushions you have and if there is a skirt on the piece.
Would you like an estimate on the cost to slipcover for your piece of furniture?
Zona's Drapery House can help.